Elements is a long distance race that incorporates four different sports in each leg of the journey: skiing, cycling, kayaking and running. Teams of four will pit themselves against the natural elements in a race against time. For the ultra-intense competitors, there is also the option of racing individually where they will endure all four legs of the journey. The journey begins in Cypress mountain and takes them through some of Vancouver's best natural environments to the finish line on top of Burnaby Mountain park.
The Elements Quadathalon was founded in 2015 when a group of triathlon enthusiasts partnered with Tourism Vancouver to create an event that celebrated the culture of endurance sports along with the beautiful, natural scenery of Vancouver. Elements is a non-profit organization and therefore relies on the support of various sponsors and volunteers to make the event the success that it is.
Charmaine Crooks is a member of the Order of Canada, a Five-Time Olympian, Olympic silver medalist and was the Flag Bearer at the Opening Ceremony of the 1996 Olympic Summer Games.
Elements is extremely fortunate to have such a prestigious individual to deliver the keynote speech and be present throughout the event.
Opening Ceremony - Competitors will gather up in Cypress Mountain to prepare for the race and listen to the opening speaker.
Skiing Leg begins - Competitors will begin their race down Cypress Mountain. Heats will be segmented in half-hour gaps.
Cycling Leg begins - Competitors will begin the cycling route across North Vancouver and end in Harbor View Park.
Kayaking Leg begins - Competitors will begin their kayak route from Harbor View Park to Confederation Park.
Running Leg begins - Competitors will begin their running route from Confederate Park up to Burnaby Mountain Park.
Closing Ceremony - After competitors cross the finish line, they can enjoy themselves with the festivities, including live performances and a beer garden.
1. Participants must follow route and be within the route boundaries, If participants are caught going off route and are found out of bounds for more than an hour, they will be considered to be disqualified from the race.
2. If you signed up in a group, your whole party must be present in order to proceed to the next events.
3. The use of drugs is strictly forbidden (unless given certain medical exceptions).
4. If participants bring their own equipment, they must be checked with the equipment department before the race.
5. Sabotaging another group's ability to race will cause the sabotaging participant/group to be disqualified.
6. If participants bring a backpack or bag with them, they must be checked by the security before the race.
7. Taking any other means of transportation other than the transportation provided by the event will result in disqualification.